1. ENTRY FEES AND PAYMENTS: Entry fee of $150 per boat. An optional Big Fish TWT is available for $50 per boat
2. REGISTRATION AND CAPTAIN’S MEETING: Fees can be paid through PayPal here: . The Captains Meeting will be held on the Event Page on Facebook on Friday. Check-in and ask any questions you may have.
3. FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS: All contestants are expected to obey all applicable federal, state and local regulations and laws. Violation of such rules may result in your disqualification from the tournament. Make sure you have a current NC Recreational Fishing License!
4. SPORTSMANSHIP: This is a ‘Gentleman’s’ tournament. Honesty and integrity are your responsibility. Competitors are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principles may be deemed cause for disqualification. Maximum courtesy must be practiced at all times, especially with regard to boating and angling in the vicinity of non-competitors who may be on tournament waters. Any act of a competitor, which reflects unfavorably upon fisheries conservation, clean waters, and courtesy, shall be reason for disqualification.
5. PERMITTED FISHING METHODS: All Redfish must be caught alive in a conventional sporting manner. Only artificial lures may be used during competition. Commercially sold scents may be added and used. Only one fishing rod may be used at a time per angler. A cast must be fully retrieved before an angler may pick up another rod. Trolling as a method is not permitted.
6. OFFICIAL CHECKPOINTS: There will be only one official checkpoint for boat check in the morning and one official check-in point in the afternoon. Launch your boat and be ready for a First Safe Light Shotgun Start. West Beaufort Wildlife Access .Failure to go through boat check and checkout in the morning will result in disqualification. All fishing must cease upon check-in.
7. LATE PENALTY: Weigh-in will start @ 3:00PM AND END @ 4:00PM. Contestants who are not at the official check-in area at the appointed time will be penalized at one (1) pound per minute deducted from the total weight including any weight to be counted toward a big fish award. Any contestant more than fifteen (15) minutes late will not receive credit for the day’s weight.
8. TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT: Only artificial lures may be used. No “live bait” or “prepared bait” will be permitted, with the exception of commercially sold scents. Only ONE casting, spin casting, spinning rod and reel or fly rod may be used at any one time per angler
9. LIVE FISH: Every effort must be made to keep redfish alive. An 8-ounce penalty will be deducted from the weight for one dead redfish presented for weigh-in. A 2 pound penalty will be assessed for 2 dead fish. No mutilated or iced fish shall be accepted. Any alteration of length or weight of redfish is prohibited and team will be banished from any future tournaments.
10. TIES: Ties shall be broken by the Largest Fish for the Event. The team with the heaviest single fish shall receive precedence.